Related Arts classes 2018-19
In the coming days, your rising 6th, 7th, or 8th grader will be indicating which Related Arts classes they prefer for next school year at JT Moore. Unlike in years past — where students were in all four classes — students will be in two Related Arts classes for a semester rather than a quarter. 5th graders will rotate quarterly to experience all RA classes.
Why the change? Having Related Arts classes for a semester will allow those classes a number of benefits, including:
- More time to create community
- Opportunity to go deeper in the subject
- More students fulfill the IB goal of 50 hrs of foreign language for those who take Related Arts Spanish
- HS credit Spanish students already fulfill this goal
- Increased engagement by students because they now have a choice
Important Note for Band/String/HS Spanish: Those students in Band, Strings, and HS Credit Spanish (and current former-Glendale 6th graders) will remain in those classes as we have done in years past. This selection is only for students who are not in Band, Strings, or HS Spanish. These students will still have an opportunity to be in other RA classes during 7th period. These will be on quarterly rotations as has been in the past.
Please call (615-298-8095) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Assistant Principal, JT Moore MS