Summer reading party!
The summer reading program is coming and we are throwing a party to get as many of you signed up for the fun as possible! Join myself and other teachers at the park behind the Edgehill Branch library off of 12th avenue on May 16th from 5pm-7pm. The Parnassus bookmobile will join us and has provided an advance ordering link of summer titles just for JT Moore: https://www.parnassusbooks.net/JTM. 10% of all sales goes to our school! Those details again:
- Where: Edgehill Memorial Community Garden (the park behind Edgehill Branch Library)
- When: Thursday, May 16th, 5pm-7pm
- Why: To sign up for the Summer Reading Program!
- Who: All family members and friends are encouraged to attend! Grown ups and siblings and teachers and principals! The summer reading program is for everyone in our community!
- What else: The Parnassus bookmobile will have some amazing stories for the whole family! Every person who signs up for the program will be automatically entered into drawings throughout the evening for gift cards to the bookmobile!
Lots of families will be there from all of our cluster schools, making this a beautiful community event. Special thanks to our Hillsboro PTO partners for providing water, to the Nashville public librarians for building an amazing reading program, and to our brother and sister MNPS schools who will be joining us to help get our community reading over the summer. This is truly a neighborhood effort! AND special thanks to our own Mr. Henry who will be providing some amazing music along with JT Moore teachers who will be running some fun activities, making this a joyful time!
While our school does not assign required summer reading, it is extremely important that all Moore students read over the summer! A table full of free books will also be available for participants to take home.
Please consider ordering some of the recommended books at https://www.parnassusbooks.net/JTM to both support our school and to build up hearts full of stories!
I am excited about what reading can do for our school and about what our school can do for our city.
Everybody matters big time,
*links to Ms. Dark’s Summer reading recommendations here: https://jtmoorelibrary.weebly.com/