On Thursday, January 30, Father Ryan will host a Medical Advisory Committee Forum that will address the national outbreak of e-cigarette – or vaping – product use-associated lung injury. The event is open to the public and will begin at 6:30pm in the Center for the Arts. Click here to RSVP for the forum.
The Medical Advisory Committee was formed, in part, because of concern over the outbreak of lung injuries associated with vaping. Members of the committee come from a wide variety of medical specialties, all with exceptional reputations as practitioners and health advocates.
Members of the Medical Advisory Committee are as follows:
- Mike Cuffe, MD, MBA President of Physician Service at HCA Healthcare
- Robert J. Mangialardi, MD Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician at HCA Frist Clinic at Centennial Medical Center
- Shindana Feagins, MD Medical Director/Owner at Feagins Medical Group, PLLC
- John Howington ’81, MD, FACS, FCCP Chief of Oncology Services, Chair of Thoracic Surgery at Saint Thomas Health Medical Director and Co-Chair Oncology Service Line at Ascension
- Robert F. Labadie, MD, PhD, MMHC, FACS Robert H. Ossoff DMD, MD Endowed Directorship for Translational Research in Otolaryngology; Vice Chair, Chief Research Officer; Professor of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery; and Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Mark Marsden, MD Chief Medical Officer at Ascension\Saint Thomas Health
- A. James Slandzicki, MD Family Physician at Williamson Medical Group