Policies & Changes to Policies:
- Early morning study hall begins on Tuesday, August 8th, and runs from 7:30 to 8:40am. Parents will need to escort their children to the auditorium and sign them in on the first day, as well as complete the agreement letter. Mr. Henderson and Ms. Larsen will be our study hall teachers this year. As a reminder, study hall is a work period for students. Students must come and complete Think Through Math, homework, and reading (in that order). Sitting and talking, or sitting quietly but unproductively, will result in a student being banned from study hall.
- Unless your child is signed up for early morning study hall, enrolled in YMCA Fun Company or part of the Early Morning Spanish program, your child cannot be on the J.T. Moore campus before 8:40 a.m. Once enrolled, students cannot be dropped off for study hall before 7:30. YMCA Fun Company begins at 7:00 a.m. and held in the cafeteria.
- Students who arrive at 8:55am or later will have to be signed in by their parent/guardian. Students can no longer arrive late and sign themselves in. Please be on time to school.
- Students will not be dismissed early after 3:15pm. Please do not ask our office staff to violate this policy. If you have an emergency, please see Dr. Hughes.
- After a student misses 4 days of school for any reason, a physician’s note will be required for an absence to be excused.
- Students at J.T. Moore Middle School are given more latitude in choosing what to wear to school each day. The updated dress code policy is posted on the website. Upon a third violation of the dress code policy, a student will be required to wear a polo shirt and Khaki pants to school for the remainder of the school year. Please ensure that you and your child review the dress code policy. It will be enforced with fidelity.
- Traffic flow for drop off and pick up will be the same in 2017-18 as it was in 2016-17. Cars will enter the parking lot from the west end on the lot, closest to Green Hills park, and rotate clockwise past the front of school, exiting onto Lone Oak close to the intersection with Granny White Pike. No pick up or drop off occurs within the semi-circle off Granny White – that loop is for busses only. You must wait in the car line to pick your child up from school. Please do not park down the street, on a side street, behind the school, etc., in order to avoid the car line. This creates a safety hazard for our children. If your child can ride the school bus, please let them. Traffic is a nightmare during the first few weeks of school. Please be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- School sports begin right away. In order for a 6th-8th grade student to try out for one of our teams, he/she must have a completed sports physical dated after June 1, 2017. This is a yearly requirement. Your doctor may have the form or you can get the sports physical paperwork in the front office of J.T. Moore.
- All 7th graders must have an updated immunization record on file that includes the two state required booster shots. Information is available HERE