Policies & Changes to Policies:
- We will offer study hall beginning at 7:45 a.m. in the library daily beginning Friday, August 5th. However, parents must complete this paperwork before dropping their children off at school before 8:40 a.m. The cost for this program is $20 per month, or $175 per school year. You must register for this program to participate – no “walk ins” are allowed. Otherwise, unless your child is enrolled in YMCA Fun Company or part of the Early Morning Spanish program, your child cannot be on the J.T. Moore campus before 8:40 a.m. Once enrolled, students cannot be dropped off for study hall before 7:30. YMCA Fun Company begins at 7:00 a.m. Please see Ms. Rosemary for a YMCA application. That program is held in the cafeteria.
- Students who arrive at 8:55 or later will have to be signed in by their parent/guardian. Students can no longer arrive late and sign themselves in. Please be on time to school.
- Students will not be dismissed early after 3:15. Please do not ask our office staff to violate this policy. If you have an emergency, please see Dr. Hughes.
- After a student misses 4 days of school for any reason, a physician’s note will be required for an absence to be excused.
- Students at J.T. Moore Middle School are given more latitude in choosing what to wear to school each day. The updated dress code policy is posted on the website. Upon a third violation of the dress code policy, a student will be required to wear a polo shirt and Khaki pants to school for the remainder of the school year. Please ensure that you and your child review the dress code policy. It will be enforced with fidelity.
- Note that the traffic flow for drop off and pick up has REVERSED for 2016-17. Cars will enter the parking lot from the west end on the lot, closest to Green Hills park, and rotate clockwise past the front of school, exiting onto Lone Oak close to the intersection with Granny White Pike. No pick up or drop off occurs within the semi-circle off Granny White – that loop is for busses only. You must wait in the car line to pick your child up from school. Please do not park down the street, on a side street, behind the school, etc., in order to avoid the car line. This creates a safety hazard for our children. If your child can ride the school bus, please let them. Traffic is a nightmare during the first few weeks of school. Please be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- School sports begin right away. In order for a 6th-8th grade student to try out for one of our teams, he/she must have a completed sports physical dated after June 1, 2016. This is a yearly requirement. Your doctor may have the form or you can get the sports physical paperwork in the front office of J.T. Moore.
- All 7th graders must have an updated immunization record on file that includes the two state required booster shots.